Monday, July 17, 2006

Melting in the Raccy heat.


How hot was that then? I mean there is hot and there is hot, and that was hot. Anyway...
It was good to see the boys again on Sat and start to get back into the swing of things again.
The meetings in the local hostalries, the songs, the dodgy burgers, it was like football had never been away (or does it just seem like that?)
Thought there was some good performances, esp the tall guy at the back, Liam Coyne, he looked good when I have seen him play for Leigh and if he signs on, he could well be a shrewd signing.
Swabber looked the part in the 2nd half, and that finish was superb. I can't say I was overly impressed with the performance of Mr Giggs, but I am sure he will come good, and the experience he will bring, could well prove to be valuable should he sign on.
I suppose with the heat being as it was, it was diffcult to really judge the performance, Alty this Weds, will hopefully be cooler and thus a proper reflection of team and players.
The issue of the day was the sight of Rob Nugent, not only with hair, but ginger hair!! Get it sorted Robert.
And was that the famous Leigh RMI worzel that came on in the 2nd half?
All in all, whilst a defeat, I thought the performance was pretty good all considered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home